In light of recent events surrounding COVID-19, S-G Transport Training & Logistics Ltd understand that this can be a worrying time for all.
To ease any anxieties surrounding the virus, we have implemented various procedures to keep our staff and all of our students as safe as possible.
- Hand sanitiser can be found in our Reception area, our main office, and each of our classrooms.
- We have put posters around the building to provide information on the Coronavirus and to demonstrate the most effective hand-washing techniques.
- All vehicles and forklifts are being wiped down after use.
- We have reduced the numbers for our classroom-based courses to 10 people per classroom, with desks being appropriately distanced from one another.
- Our premise is being thoroughly cleaned throughout the duration of the day.
DVSA : Suspension Period for Theory & Practical Driving Tests
All theory tests have been suspended up to and including 1st June 2020.
If your theory test was cancelled at short notice, you are entitled to apply for a refund of out-of-pocket-expenses through the DVSA.
If your theory test certificate is due to expire, unfortunately you will need to book and pay for another theory test as the DVSA cannot legally extend how long your pass certificate is valid for. You will once again be required to pass you theory test before booking your driving test. You can still book, change and cancel theory tests for 1st June 2020 onwards.
Practical Driving Tests
Driving tests have been suspended for up to 3 months.
If you have booked your driving test with a training provider, you will be contacted by the provider themselves when the booking system is back up and running. This is so that you can discuss new dates for your driving test to take place. The new test date will be approximately 3 months after your original test was booked for.
If you are a key worker or work for a critical sector, you can book an emergency driving test with the DVSA in order to carry out your work.
If your driving test was cancelled at short notice, you are entitled to apply for a refund of out-of-pocket-expenses through the DVSA. Please note that this is only if your theory test was due to take place on our before Tuesday 24th March 2020.
Cancelling your Practical Driving Test
You can cancel your test if you want to get a full refund now. Email the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to request this. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to include your full name and 2 of the following pieces of information: - your driving licence number - your theory test pass certificate number - your driving test booking reference
Booking Future Driving Tests
You are currently unable to book a future driving test date. When driving tests become available again, priority will be given to people who had their test cancelled. This means you will have to wait longer than usual.
Emergency Driving Tests for Critical Workers
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in a critical sector, you can still get an emergency driving test with the DVSA.
See below for the classification of critical workers.
- Health & Social workers - Education & Childcare - Key Public Services - Local and National Government - Food and Other Necessary Goods - Public Safety and National Security - Utilities, Communication and Financial Services - Transport* *The Transport sector includes anyone who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating. This also includes those that work on transport systems through which supply chains pass.
Requesting an Emergency Driving Test
To do this, you will need to email the DVSA to request an emergency driving test. You will also need to provide valid proof of ID, e.g. work badge. Email : email@example.com
If you do not have an ID badge you can send:
- an email from a work email address - evidence from your employer, such as email or scanned document including company letterhead - a scan of your payslip
This is not an exhaustive list and evidence will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
You also need to tell the DVSA: - your telephone number and preferred contact time - which test centre you want to take your test at (currently only Birmingham, London, Glasgow and Ballymena) - the type of theory test you would like to take (car, car and trailer, motorcycle, lorry, bus or coach) - your driving licence number
If you meet the critical worker criteria, the DVSA will then contact you to explain what happens next.
S-G Transport Training & Logistics Ltd Wetherby Road Derby DE24 8HL Tel: (01332) 383969 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org